Joshua 5:14 “…No, but as Commander of the army of the Lord I have now
come.”*(NKJV)
I haven’t written in a couple of days. It’s not easy pouring oneself out so
I had to take a break to catch my breath. If indeed I believe the Lord to be
who He claims to be, and to have all He claims to have including the ability to
do all He claims to do, why the fears?
Maybe I don’t really believe Him, maybe I can’t really take Him at His
word! If that be the case, I must have
some other means by which I can take care of myself. If I can’t trust Him, I must place my trust
in another. There must be another who
can be and do all He claims, and once I find that other, I can deposit my trust
in same.
I search and test and everybody fails me, because as He said, “Cursed are
those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn
their hearts away from the Lord.” (Jeremiah 17:5, NLT) They don’t fail me necessarily because they’re
evil, they fail because they’re human! I fail because I’m human. I don’t know
about you, but there are times I want to get away from me, but there’s nowhere
to go.
Trusting in humans is dangerous because the judgment of man calls good evil
and evil good, because the heart of man is “deceitful above all things, and
desperately wicked.” (Jeremiah 17:9) This is why leaning on the wisdom,
kindness and righteousness of man is cursed, and only evil can result from it.
Why the fears? Think about the basic necessities of life, food, clothing
and shelter. Most of us run our entire lives in pursuit of these or the means
to attain them. And we believe that once we secure these, we’ll be happy. And so we do things, we form alliances and
ultimately place our whole worship on the perceived source or provider of these
things, some human or organization set up by humans, we totally disregard God
and His set rules, and follow the one we believe can do us good.
Even when we are independent, we have at the back of our minds that should
something incapacitating or debilitating happen to us, these are the people who
will see us through and sustain us, so it behooves us to maintain them. These same people then are the idols or
objects of worship and honor in our lives.
Should these objects of worship know this, they automatically have a
strong weapon in their hands with which they can control our lives. So you see,
I cannot stay under such government and at the same time be under the
government of the Holy Spirit. It’s got to be one or the other. I trust the
ones I can see more than the One who created them.
But still, because my conscience always maintains the side of God and His
truth, I know within me that my hopes are seated on very unstable platforms and
so I am fearful, and like Job, eventually I say, “What I always feared has
happened to me.” (Job 3:25) This however turns out to be good because, after
that which I feared so much befalls me, and the Lord picks me up, I come out a
new person, with an invaluable discovery, to wit, I will make it only under the
government of the Holy Spirit of the Almighty God. Safety, sustenance and eternal peace are
with, and controlled by Him alone. Everything
else is a house of cards that’s bound to crash at some point or other.
So, I have made my decision, I have released myself to His governance and
set my face like a flint. “With the cross before me and the world behind, by
the grace of God, I will serve the Lord.”
Prayer
Heavenly Father, teach me to trust you. Help me to be the son/daughter whom
you love with an unending love, in Jesus’ name. Amen.#momomily2013
No comments:
Post a Comment